Volunteering with the House Gardens Greening Project is a great way for any group, organization or individual to give back to the community and help others to prosper. We offer a number of ways you can volunteer or donate resources.
As a non-profit organization, HGGP relies upon the graciousness of others in order to succeed. Our hope is to be able to utilize the charitable donations of others – their time, energy and resources – in order to promote wellness and sustainability throughout a community with limitless boundaries.
Most importantly, we need all of you to pray for the success of this new greening ministry and involve anyone you know in our endeavor to cultivate community through sustainability.
Here are some ways you or your organization can help:
- Load and deliver garden frames, compost, seeds and plants to new HGGP members
- Mentor a sponsored family in its gardening efforts
- Help keep records of locations and specific crops being grown
Here are some resources that are always needed by HGGP:
- Any old tools that you no longer use or that could be used with minor repair
- Pots and potting materials for starting seeds to later transplant
- Seeds from previous garden plants or new seeds in packets
- Bedding plants and seedlings for use in house gardens
- Cardboard – we reuse cardboard and line the bottom of each garden with it to keep weeds out
As our project has grown and evolved, we are now interested in spreading this ministry into other geographical locations; In our view HGGP has no boundaries. We want to join with your organization and spread our message. We will give you the resources and the training necessary to duplicate our efforts in your community. As we see it, HGGP is easy to implement by any group of individuals committed to its cause – provisions to those in need by giving them access to healthy food they have grown themselves . In order to learn how you can make the House Gardens Greening Project a reality in your community, contact us today.